Thursday, September 11, 2008

About Scott

As I promised in class, here's a little about me and what I could contribute to a group for the term project.

My name is Scott Nicolson. I'm in my third semester in MLIS @ Pitt. I hold a BA in History and a BS in Applied Computer Science from California University of Pennsylvania. My liberal arts background includes study of Spanish and German, as well as a lot of history, and I think I'm a decent writer / editor. I can put on a decent presentation, too. As for computing, I'm well-versed in Windows XP (not Vista, though - ugh), Mac OS X, and two flavors of Linux (Debian and Ubuntu). I've also got background in web design and development. I've taken the Library and Archival Preservation course here @ Pitt, too.

I do have issues with time management and anxiety - I'll admit that up front. I also don't have any bright ideas for a term project.

Any takers?

1 comment:

DigitizedLiz said...

Hi Scott, I tried to email you about the group project but the email was returned to me. Are you in a group yet? If not, Karen Allen and I (Liz Flot) wanted to know if you would be interested in joining our group? My email is eaf3@pitt.edu if you want to get back to me, thanks!